The “pirate” boat Barbarosa is sailing on the western side of Rethymno and gives you the opportunity to admire the Venetian fortress Fortezza from the sea. Two hours later we arrive at Souda’s island where one of the most magnificent of Venetian architecture fortresses is located. There you will have 1 and half hour time to visit well preserved ancient buildings such the powder magazine, the windmill, the bustion, the barracks as well Saint Nikolaos church built in 1585.
After leaving Souda island, you will have the chance to swim in the open sea and see the rock-beaten pirate caves.
Starting/ending time : 09:00 am – 16:00 pm
- Departure time is 9.15 sharp from the Venetian (old) harbor of Rethymno town.
- 12.00: arrival at Souda island.
- 13.30: departure from Souda island.
- Back to Rethimno appr. at 16.00 o’clock.
Price*: 38 €
(children till 4 years old: free, from 5 – 12 years old: 19 €)
* includes lunch (souvlaki, salad, wine)
Only every Tuesday.