Before you Travel

Before you travel in EU, it is advisable to bear in mind the following:

  • Depending on your country of origin, you might need a passport and a visa; you could obtain a visa through the Consulate nearest to your residence.
  • Call your bank or your credit card company to let them know that you will be using it in EU.
  • The Electric Current in EU is 230V AC (50Hz). Appliances from North America require a transformer and British ones an adaptor.
  • In order to have access to necessary health care, tourists from member states of the European Union (EU) must be holders of the European Health Card (EHIC) or any other legal Community document issued by their competent social security agency. Tourists from countries other than the member states of the European Union must consult their social security agency for information before travelling.
  • Contact your phone company in order to make sure that your can use your mobile phone in EU.
  • As a consumer, you are protected by European Union consumer protection law for all transactions you make while travelling in the EU countries.

You must be logged in to post a comment.