Gramvoussa & Balos
The trip starts by bus from your hotel and later by boat from port of Kissamos. On the way to Gramvoussa you will notice the phenomenon of land elevation by 6 to 9 meters above the sea level.
You will arrive on the island after one hour sail. There you can visit the Venetian castle built on the top of a steep rock at 137 m above the sea level. You can reach the castle in approximately 15 min. by a footpath. Those who prefers to do not participate on this visit, they can have a swim in the crystal clear waters.
After that you will leave the island by boat (on board you can have lunch) to lagoon of Balos in 15 min. This is a shallow and warm water lagoon. The seabed there is of white sand and makes the waters have a shiny jade-like colour. During your stay in Balos the boat’s halls and the bar will be at your disposal.
Starting/Ending Time :
It depends the pick up area.
- Departure time it depends the area of your hotel (app. 7.30 o’clock)
- 09.30: arrival at port of Kissamos
- 10.00: departure of the boat
- 11.00: arrival at Gramvoussa and departure at 13.30
- 14.00: arrival at lagoon of Balos and departure at 17.00
- 18.00: arrival at port of Kissamos
- Back to Rethymno 19.00 – 19.30 o’clock
28 € (children 6 – 12 years old half price).
* Boat fare (14 € for adults and 7 € for children 6 – 12 years old).
What´s included :
Transfer from/to your hotel or the nearest area and guided tour.
The boat has a restaurant for lunch and it is not included in the price. Pick up from Panormo, Rethymno and Georgioupoli areas.
The excursion is organised four times in the week: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.