The trip starts by bus from your hotel and later by boat from port of Kissamos. On the way to Gramvoussa you will notice the phenomenon of land elevation by 6 to 9 meters above the sea level.
You will arrive on the island after one hour sail. There you can visit the Venetian castle built on the top of a steep rock at 137 m above the sea level. You can reach the castle in approximately 15 min. by a footpath. Those who prefers to do not participate on this visit, they can have a swim in the crystal clear waters.
After that you will leave the island by boat (on board you can have lunch) to lagoon of Balos in 15 min. This is a shallow and warm water lagoon. The seabed there is of white sand and makes the waters have a shiny jade-like colour. During your stay in Balos the boat’s halls and the bar will be at your disposal.
Starting/Ending Time :
It depends the pick up area.
- Departure time it depends the area of your hotel (app. 7.30 o’clock)
- 09.30: arrival at port of Kissamos
- 10.00: departure of the boat
- 11.00: arrival at Gramvoussa and departure at 13.30
- 14.00: arrival at lagoon of Balos and departure at 17.00
- 18.00: arrival at port of Kissamos
- Back to Rethymno 19.00 – 19.30 o’clock
28 € (children 6 – 12 years old half price).
* Boat fare (14 € for adults and 7 € for children 6 – 12 years old).
What´s included :
Transfer from/to your hotel or the nearest area and guided tour.
The boat has a restaurant for lunch and it is not included in the price. Pick up from Panormo, Rethymno and Georgioupoli areas.
The excursion is organised four times in the week: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.