The South Central Crete is an area packed full of history: important archaeological sites like the palace of Phaistos gives evidence of long-lasting civilizations and centuries of culture. The area is Crete’s most fertile, a huge plain with rich soil and perfect conditions for all agricultural products.
Afterwards, we move on to the extreme south, to the resort of Matala, for free time and swimming at its beautiful beach. Explore the caves made famous by hippies in the 1960’s.
Starting/Ending Time : 09.00 – 19.30
- Departure time it depends the area of your hotel.
- 10.00: arrival at Kourtaliotis gorge, for a half hour
- 11.00: arrival at Preveli monastery, for a half hour
- 13.00: arrival at Phaistos and guidance of the palace for one hour
- 15.30: arrival at Matala, swimming-relaxing for two hours
- 18.30: arrival at Spili for a short break
- Back to Rethymno appr. at 19:00 – 19:30 o’clock
Price* : 32 €
(children 6-12 years half price.
* Entrance fees to Preveli monastery (2.50 €) and to the Palace (4 €).
What´s included :
Transfer from/to your hotel or the nearest area and guided tour.
Pick up from Georgioupolis, Rethymno and Panormo area. Don’t forget your swimming wears.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday are the days that you can join this excursion. Pick up from your hotel or the closest area. Guidance in English, German and Russian languages.